Monday, March 10, 2014


 LOL! The scriptures say we must preach the word unto all creature!!! lol! And we take that quite seriously here in Bolivia! ;) This is quite a funny story! The pic where I am farther away from the cow was taken first... and I was unaware of the fact that these cows are well guarded! My companion was taking the picture, and there was  a member with us (named yasmira) as well... Hma Nuñez took the pic, and we were all laughing, with me still sitting there all peaceful and unaware... When all of a sudden I here a menacing growl behind me! I turn around, and there is a giant, ugly, and very angry dog a few feet away from me! and all of a sudden he starts barking! I have never been so scared for my life in all of time! and for the first time, I ran! I ran from that dog so very fast! not a single thought besides teeth crossed my mind, not my companion, not yasmira, not the fact that when you run they follow. I could only picture sharp teeth sinking into my leg!!!! lol! Talk about adrenaline running high!!! Anyway, I was about to be dog food, if it wasnt for yasmira... She yelled at it and threw a few rocks and all was good. LOL! Thought Id share that story... turns out, you should look for guard dogs before you get close to a cow! lol!



The mission car! lol! just kidding! We just were taking pics! lol! love you all! hope yall have  a fabulous week! and never forget that God loves you!

Letter to me!
Hey mom!
 I CAN NOT GET OVER HOW BIG GENNY IS!!!! And little Evie is just a doll! I already love her the little sweetie! I always knew Genny would make a fabulous big sis! ;) Shes just too bossy not to be! lol! Tell Auntie I said congrats!!! And that she makes pretty babies! ;) I LOVE the temple pics! I cant wait to be able to go to the temple with all of you together! That is just incredible! To see my little brothers and sisters making such great choices... and know they are entering the temple! ;) My heart hurts I am so happy to see that! I pray for each and every one of you so very much! And love seeing the answers to those prayers! Toris little ones are looking good too!!! Little layne is just getting so big! And I never tire of seeing his giant smile! The sweetest thing I think I have ever seen! And little claire is just beautiful!!
Its okay if you cant send midol... I can try and look for something similar down here... My shoes are holding up great!!! I wanted to send you a video for the blog about them... but I cant seem to send videos. My shoes are just great though! A good choice! Almost all the sisters have to buy new shoes after a month or two... But mine dont even look older than a few weeks! And if they ever do have a problem, Ill just take them to one of the shoe-fixer people here! They sit on the side of the street and fix shoes! Its really cool! So dont worry about that. I am pretty sure my shoes are going to make it through the whole of my mission! As for all my tests... They finally told me what I have and I didnt understand a thing!!! lol! I know its something with my throat, and some kind of bacteria though... Also that I have to have five days of shots!!! That part I understood perfectly well... ;( lol! I am also taking a weeks worth of two different pills and a cough syrup type thing that tastes, smells, and looks like they have rebottled lysol and sold it as medicine! GROSS!!!!!! LOL! Oh, and the letters... I know I have written all of you a birthday letter at the very least... But I am not sure about the extra letters... and like aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins... I have no idea who I have written and who no. I am writing  a letter to Tori and Aunt Sandy right now though... ;)
Anyway, this week I have been stuck in the house almost half the time... What with the carnivals and the pills I am taking make me feel really sick... But we have had quite a bit of fun and got a lot done anyway!!! We played carnevals in the house with the other sisters tuesday!!! lol! Ill be sure and send some pics of that! I have a few funny stories to send to the fam as well... especially with cows and dogs!! lol! And we have been working hard! We are within sight of two rescews with an old couple who were inactive for a while, but are now getting ready to be sealed!!! This sunday they have to go talk to the bishop, and we are going to finish up all the lessons tonight in a fhe with them!!! This sunday, if they talk to the bishop, they will be reactivated! They are the family ........  anyway, we are doing a lot of work in reactivating.. and have quite a few baptism dates set as well! One in particular is this really great kid named a..... and a couple named r.... and j......! Pray for them will you?  Congrats on being an incredible missionary by the way! ;) lol! I love you lots, and hope you have a great week!
Love
hma alford



1 comment:

  1. This comment is from Grandma Sandy: "1 Nephi 18:25 And it came to pass that we did find upon the land of promise, as we journeyed in the wilderness, that there were beasts in the forest of every kind, both the cow and the ox, and the ass and the horse, and the goat and the wild goat and all manner of wild animals, which were for the use of men. And we did find all manner of ore, both of gold and of silver and of copper."

    ReplyDelete