Sunday, June 16, 2013

Departure is imminent!

Time is flying by! Alecia will be leaving in 3 days! I am so full of mixed emotions that it is hard to even explain. I am so excited for her to be able to start her mission and to experience a new culture and turning her life over to our Heavenly Father for 18 months. However, I am also very emotional and want to be able to hold her constantly. I keep reaching out and touching her head, arm, back, .... whatever I can reach as I am passing her because I know that it will be a long time until I can touch her again. A friend of mine told me that the difficulty of sending a child on a mission is the best kept secret of the church. At the time I really didn't understand her but I must say I do now. It is extremely hard to turn my daughter over to the Lord. It is not that I don't trust that He will care for her, He is her Father and she is only mine on loan. It is not that I don't think that she is going to have a terrible experience because I know she is going to have an amazing time. It is however, that I am a selfish person and want to be able to hold her, hug her, talk to her, know what she is doing and how she is doing, know that when she is sick I can make her some soup and bring her some medicine. I am going to miss sitting and talking to her and just having fun with her. But I know that I have been given a precious gift and that I can turn her over to my Father in Heaven with faith that He will take care of her better than I ever could. So like I said, crazy mixed emotions. We were able to have a family farewell last Saturday and yesterday we had an open house so that people in the ward and her friends could come over and say goodbye. It has been amazing to see how many people love and support my sweet baby girl. I thank everyone who has poured out their love and support to her. Love you all! I will hopefully be posting some regular posts starting next week.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe its so close I'm gonna miss Bein able to call her on my bad days and here her say shes here for me and here her tell me that heavenly Father is here for me... I love you alecia we need to talk before you leave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Tori! I know it will be hard but you can always call me and we can tell each other we love each other until Alecia is back online! : )

    ReplyDelete