Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Momma's Musings

Jan. 18, 2014
Wow! Time has gone by quicker than I expected and my sweet Alecia has been out on her mission for 7 months as of tomorrow! I have missed her more than words can express. I have waited with patience for emails! I waited impatiently for 2 hours for her call at Christmas! I even endured the knowledge that my sweet baby was sick and that there was nothing I could do but turn her over to the Lord for protection and beg Him to bless her with health once again! I have wished that she were here to listen to her sisters sing or play in their band concerts. I have wished that I could hold her for a few minutes and tell her that everything will be okay! What a crazy emotion experience being a mother to a missionary can be!

I am so very blessed to know that she is following in the path that our Father in Heaven and set for her! My dear, sweet daughter is a wonderful example to her 6 younger siblings! It is almost impossible to think about the fact that I will be a missionary mom for pretty much the next 10 years! If they all serve, all but my youngest daughter have said that they will, then I will even have some overlapping and have two out at a time!

Feb. 4, 2014
I didn't want the post to turn into another "I miss daughter she is great" post. So I waited for some inspiration. After I re-read the above, I decided that I could post it but that I still wanted to add more to it. So here goes:

The blessings of being a missionary mom:
*Stronger Faith in you Heavenly Father
* Complete, sure knowledge that your child is doing exactly what they are supposed to being doing at that moment in time.
* Deeper spirituality and a stronger testimony of the gospel.
*Many tender mercies that dot your life as you allow your child to serve the Lord with all their heart might mind and strength.
*The wonderful blessing of having a child that is a great example/help in building your younger childrens'/nieces'/nephews' etc.testimonies. Alecia sends amazing emails that challenge her younger sisters and brothers to reach for a higher standard. Jessica, my 10 year old, desires to read the whole Book of Mormon while her sister is gone. : )
*A better understanding of your child's testimony as he/she sends home emails/letters that share their life with you.

This list can go on and on and still not capture all the blessings of sending you child on a mission. You truly do have those mixed emotions. I still can not wait to hold her in my arms. There are still those times when I have to lean completely on faith and know that Father in Heaven is truly taking care of my wonderful daughter. My testimony of His love for my children has grown ten fold. I am thankful for the knowledge that He loves them and is taking care of them.

I pray that you all come to a better understanding of what my sweet Alecia is doing. If you are not a member of our church, I challenge you to go to www.mormon.org and learn more. The gospel is here on the Earth today, in the same way as it was when Jesus walked the Earth.  We truly have a prophet, our Father has always worked through a prophet and he is an unchangeable God. God is not silent, he continues to reveal His will through our beloved prophet. Families can be together Forever. The Book of Mormon is not meant to replace the Bible, it is Another Testament of our Savior Jesus Christ.  We are asked to serve others, to love them as we love ourselves. This is my belief and my testimony. May God always be with you as you go throughout your days. May you feel the light of Christ and share it with others is my continued prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment