Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A mothers Musings After 3+ Months!

I can't even express how much I miss my sweet daughter! It doesn't seem possible to be able to sit at a table with 6 children and a husband and feel like there is a hole. However, it is possible! I miss her every time we sit down to eat as a family or sometimes like this Sunday,  I try to make one of the little ones get in the front seat of the suburban because there is not room in the back for everyone! Umm yes there is I don't have Alecia with me! My arms feel empty as I email her each week. I want so badly to hold her smile at her and look into her sparkling blue eyes and tell her how much I love her and how very well pleased I am with her! I want to be able to sit with her and talk to her about her sisters and get her sweet loving advice on things. I want to be able to hear her singing to Jessica and smile because I was able to pass on something I have always loved doing. Oh how I miss my Alecia!!!


There are so many mixed emotions going on in my heart and mind. I know that my Father in Heaven has called my daughter to Bolivia for a wise purpose. I do not know that purpose but He does. I trust Him. I know that He is guiding and directing Alecia's path. He wants her to succeed. I know that there are many touched by her righteous obedience. Her desire to serve our Father in Heaven with all her might, mind and strength. She is such an example to all who meet her.

I love that she is sharing her love of music everywhere she goes. I love that her being in a foreign country is a direct fulfillment of prophecy given to my darling husband years ago! I love that a little piece of our family and traditions are being shared with the people Alecia has grown to love.  I pray that there will be a time when I get to meet them and hear all about her mission from another point of view.

My heart is full with the knowledge that the prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and his counselors pray for her and that the whole church prays for our dear missionaries.  My thanks goes out to all who have touched her life and in some way added to the person that she is today!

Each mother of a missionary, I believe, experiences these mixed emotions. God is with us. He wants us to be happy and He helps us to sacrifice our time with our beloved children. We are blessed immensely as they serve. We see the effects of their examples on our younger children. We know that no matter what our blessed children are being protected. This does not mean they will not face adversity or even the worst can happen and they never come home to us in this life. It does mean that He, in his infinite wisdom, knows what they need and he loves them even more than we. He will guide, direct and protect them as they spread His word and help to fulfill his purpose, which is the immortality and eternal life of man!

I look forward to the time when she is back in my arms.  I pray that as she is growing and strengthening her testimony that I too will be following her loving example.  I lvoe you all. Thank you for sharing my daughters mission with us.  I pray that you will all have a blessed day.

Love,
Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Teresa, Your thoughts are expressed so eloquently. I feel the Spirit as I read them and know that one day I too will be going through many of these same feelings. It is wonderful that Alecia is serving the Lord, what a happy and wonderful time. I also see that there is sacrifice that brings forth blessings and that sacrifice is not easy. Thank you for sharing your testimony and strength with us and sharing your daughter with the people of the world that she is called to serve. She is so beautiful and talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It always helps to know that she is touching the lives of so many. : )

      Delete