Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14, 2013 Aleica's email's and pics


  Me at the park! lol! Still a kid sometimes! And, its a great way to look for new investigadors! lol! We´ve really found quit a few that way!






Letter to Family and Friends:
Hello Hello Hello My awesome family and friends!
So, this week has been incredible! We have worked HARD, and seen real miracles! I truly can't express how important it is to work with the missionaries! We need yalls help so much!  Anyway, I had a story to share this week! A funny one too! We have begun to have lunches with the members this week... and so we went to a members house, and we talked, ate, and had a great time. Then, it some how came out in the conversation... just exactly what we had eaten! Yeah, it was SNAKE! lol! And even better, she had just gone outside and caught them herself! lol! I just about died! But man was it tasty! lol! Yeah, I eat a bunch of wierd things down here.. But so far not anything that I really cant stomach! I have heard a lot of horror stories from the other missionaries.. But so far so good! lol! Just thought Id share that bit of fun with you all. Really and truly, I have loved my mission up till now. We work hard, its true.. But we also have a great time in the process! I love each and every one of you so very much, and I hope you all know how important you all are to me. I have a wall full of pictures of yall... And every day I look at your faces and say to myself, ¨this is what I am here for¨so that I never forget the reason I am here. So many of us have the opportunity to live for eternity as a family... But there are millions more who never have... And I am here to help the Lord give them the chance! I love you all, and hope yall have a fabulous week!
Love!
Hma Alford!

Letter to me:

Okay! Wow! How incredible to hear about all this growth and changing over there! And you will be happy to know, that the same is happening on my end! So, something truly incredible for me in my studying, was Jacob chapter five. All about the vineard of the Lord... Before I came out here, it just about drove me crazy to read these chapters all about trees and things... So boring right? But here, and especially in this time of my mission... I really needed it. Especially two parts. One: when the lord says something like, what more could I have done? And Two: A little more. We've been having a few troubles with our investigadors, and many of them just aren't progressing for  one reason or the other... and many times the thought, what more could I have done... has come to mind. Its just kind of frustrating when you do all you know how to do, and then agency  comes in to play... and poof, no more investigadors! But, as the Lord says many times, we can always do a little bit more! And this has been our goal this week! And man have we seen the fruits of our labor! We are going to have two baptisms this week, the members are slowly picking up the spirit of the Lords work and helping us out, and we have found three awesomely prepared families this week alone! One of nine! Just like us! lol! Anyway, we are working our tooshies off! And the Lord is blessing us accordingly! We have really been so blessed mom! I just cant describe my happiness! I really hope that this continues! Also, I am beginning to really see a growth in the way I teach, speak, and think! What a fabulous place to be! I love my mission, I love my God, and I love this work! Anyway! Love you! I hope your week is awesome! And I want you to know how proud I am of you and the growth you are making as well! Pray for me! So that Santa Cruz doesnt leave me quite yet! We have cambios (transfers) this sunday! aaaahhh! And we dont know yet who goes, stays, and so on! love ya! Talk to ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment