Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 26, 2014 Emails and pics

My new comp is here! I am training! She is f rom Argentina, her name is Hma Alarcon, and i am so very excited!!!!
 
 not even kidding! this sister is already trained! She knows more than i do!!!! lol! Anyway, we have been  working hard and learning together! Oh, and here I am saying hello from my third floor window!


 HI EVERY BODY!!!!! This is me right now! i just took this pic... sending a great big HELLO to every body back home!!!!  LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

Part of my email to Alecia: It explains her first comments : )

Oh guess what! You have a new calling! You are now the ward chorister for Alexandria ward! LOL It was annouced and almost sustained yesterday. Hehehe. I have actually been asked to be the chorister but they announced it as Alecia Alford and not Teresa Alford. LOL Sooooo does that mean we get to skype every Sunday so you can fulfill you duties. : ) Big cheesy grin is on my face!!!!!  Oh well I guess I will just have to lead.  I got such a kick out of all the comments afterwards. It ran from oh my when is Alecia coming home to the skype comment. It was fun!


Alecia's email to me:
Hey mom,
that is hilarious about the calling! Ill be sure and ask the mission president if skype is allowed to fulfill my new calling in louisiana! lol! sounds like yall are having a whole lot of fun! As for me, i have been working hard and trying to train my new companion to be a better missionary than i will ever be. I love to train, because it makes it a whole lot easier to live the mission right... kind of hard with companions who dont want to... but a newbie ALWAYS wants to be perfect! and when we have the same vision or goal to do things the way we should, it makes it a whole lot easier to be more obedient! And, i just love to teach! Show them how to follow the schedule, teach, plan, and have fun all at the same time! I truly learn more in the process than they do! Anyway, my new companion is from argentina... is from a family of three... mom, brother, and her... and she is FABULOUS! I feel like shes already been trained! Shes already taught me a few things! ;) And i forget she only has half a week in the mission sometimes! lol! like this saturday the relief society decided to go out as giant group and visit all the less actives they know in the ward... and i was like, ¨OH, we could totally do splits¨ (or split up, me with one sister, and her with another..) and shes like, ¨ OH NO I CANT!¨ And i was all confused... why? Youll be with a member, who knows the area and everything! This is GREAT! But she looks at me all terrified and tells me, ¨I CANT teach a lesson all on my own! I need my companion! i only have three days!¨ And I almost died laughing ... the poor thing was terrified i was going to leave her all alone with three days in the mission... anyway, we have been getting along great... and i am so excited for this opportunity.
anyway, you already know i love you... but i never get tired of saying it! I love you mom!
have a great week!
love hma alford
oh! ps, could yall maybe help me out with something? My flip flops broke... and although that might seem trivial... its not overly safe to shower with out shoes here... any kind of fungus or who knows what could get me... and a few sweaters would be nice too... winter is here in Bolivia... and it is SO wierd!!! The mornings are COLD, and at night time too... but the afternoon is too hot to be walking around in a giant jacket... Sweaters are ideal seeing as you can take them off and toat them around with out a problem... i got one already, the tan one i am wearing... but just if yall can help me get a few more... that would be nice... not overly necessary.. but nice, just if yall can id like to buy a few things like that.
love ya!



Sweet Story:
Hey, cool story! this little girl was baptised this Saturday by the elders in our ward... we went and had a special number in her baptism... and i felt impressed to give her a little gift... it wasnt much, just a card i had in my scriptures, a few pens, a flower, and such... a ¨scripture kit¨ i called it.. anyway, she loved it so much, and i felt so great. She came to church the next day, and everyone was celebrating mothers day!  (its this tuesday here...no, you cant skype again! lol! already asked...) and the darling doesnt have a mom... the primary had been practicing  a song to sing to their moms in the relief society class... and were given little gifties to give to their moms along with a big hug. I thought she would hesitate, or not know what to do... but she came straight to me. She grabbed me in  a big warm hug, and i almost cried. I hardly know the little girl... but out of that big crowd of mamas and daughters, she chose me. And i felt so very blessed. love you guys! have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment