Monday, September 9, 2013

September 9, 2013 Emails!!!

 I have one transfer down in the mission! Hma Santa Cruz and I are still together though, we didn’t have transfers because I am still being trained. Its twelve weeks with your trainer... and then I will probably train or at least stay in this area for a while longer because Hma Santa Cruz hasn’t yet left Cochabamba. She has almost one year just in Cochabamba! That means she’ll probably be out of here after she finishes training me! Either to Succre, or Potosi. Anyway, we have had all kinds of fun this week! We had a movie night last night waiting for the zone leaders to call... And we ate candy, laughed, and had a great time! Oh, and we made my fave food another night. Sanchi Papas! With music and laughing and all kinds of fun! All of this is with church movies and music by the way! lol! I promise I am not breaking any rules! lol!

 _________has truly had a miracle! He is so much happier now, and he finally spoke to his family. We have been talking to him about every other day, trying to help him out and teaching him... Thank yall for your prayers! I want yall to know they truly work miracles! He is receiving so much strength and happiness from the Lord right now. And I truly love to see that in him!

Anyway, this week has been pretty great. And I am going to print pics today! And have a water fight! And make Columbian food with a really great family we are teaching! And maybe even eat icecream! YAY! I really love pday! lol! Anyway, I hope yall are having a cool time! Looks like the car is pretty dead to me! But I will pray for yall and the Abuelita too! (Little Grandma) LOL! Oh, and something I learned in the scriptures this week... I read in 2 Nephi 4... and I couldnt get over how perfect it was for me and for my investigadors! Yall have got to read it! its fantabulous!

So yeah, just thought I would share... Anyway. I want yall to know I love yall. I will probably write again later. I love the pics! Thanks a ton! Send as many as you can! And I love you all with all my heart!
May God Bless you,
Hermana Alford

its really interesting for me how your lives or something you say always mirrors something that happenned in my week... or something i taught... its pretty amazing! Like in this instance, your advice to me was to count my blessings when the tough times come. Well, that is exactly what I have been teaching to quite a few of our investigadors and converts out here! I just love it. There almost always is something in your letters or emails that really pertains to me or my investigadors or my life out here. Im glad that church was cool, and that you and Kady are still reading together. That really is so cool that yall do that. We had Stake Conference here this Sunday. Not a single investigador made it... But it was really cool to hear the speakers, and see what Stake Conference is like in Bolivia.  They have every room filled to the brim with chairs and tvs because it fills up so fast... and they record it... Oh, and they even have like ushers... You know, people who direct people to their seats and open and close doors, and help make everything run smoothly. It was pretty cool! lol! And music would really be nice too! Piano Guys, Alex Boye, the music from Prince of Egypt, and whatever else is uplifting that you think I might like. If you can send it over email, that would be absolutely fantastic! lol! Anyway, I love you to the moon and back! And hope you have a great week! love ya !



Alecia with her dear friend Elvida

No comments:

Post a Comment