Thursday, August 14, 2014

August 11, 2014 Alecia's emails and pictures and also her testimony of the Reality of God!

 Heading to the temple this tuesday with my kid! ;) 

 AT THE TEMPLE!!!! With hma a... she is so AWESOME!!! ;) This tuesday we got to go to the temple, what a beautiful day it was!!! ;)
 Bolivian Day!!! ;) 

 Bolivian skies!!! This was absolutely incredible!!! I really felt as though if i just reached up a little, i would touch the clouds!!!
 Drinking a real coconut!!! ;) hahaha ! hma roxana gave us coconuts from chapare ( the jungle part of cochabamba) man were they tasty! and not actually that hard to open, when you know where to cut! 

This is the a family! V is the dad, a returned missionary. R, the mom,  just placed her baptismal date! And m and l, there two hurricanes of children! LOVE this family! Cant wait to see pictures of R baptism! ;)

Hey mom!!! ;)
You really are such an example to me! ;) Well, i have transfers, I am off to potosi... the very coldest part of the mission! :0 I will be buying a few things today for that!!! I really dont know much about the place.. but everyone always talks about potosi... Its cold, the people eat a lot of chunyo and there is also a gold mine there... Oh, and there is supposedly some kind of rock soup!! ;) like the childrens story i read as a little girl! they heat up rocks and put them in the soup so that it doesnt freeze before you eat it! Anyway, my new comps name is hma quispe! And hma Alarcon is going to stay here with hma Gutierrez!!! My two kids are going to be comps!!! haha! that doesnt happen very often! anyway, thats the transfer! I will be headed to sucre by plane tomorrow morning... and then by bus to potosi in the afternoon... CRAZY!!! I will be sending LOTS of pics next monday! I am so excited to go and do all the lord has for me to do there! although really sad to go... especially since i never got to go to the temple with ariana... something came up, and she couldnt go this tuesday. she will be going in the afternoon tomorrow... when i will be on the bus to potosi... ;( anyway, i have SO much to do right now!!! I have to finish packing, say good bye to EVERYONE! And get all the things i will be needing.. Oh, and we won this zone competition, so we will be going to eat for free with the zone!! ;) YUM!!! HAHA! Anyway, lots of craziness... and not much time! i love you so much mom! i am so proud of all you do...and everytime i speak of you with my investigators... the spirit is there! Send my love to bro. spencers family! and to everyone!
love hma alford

Journal entry august 9th 2014,
I am at this moment sitting on the balcony of my apartment, looking out over the horizon of Cochabamba as my companion sleeps off her fever. And what a sight to be seen! It looks like something taken right out of a story book!! A magnificent work of art that i just wish the whole world could see! A wondrous pallet of colors all painted in a mix of styles or techniques... It truly appears as though millions of the greatest artists throughout the centuries have gathered together in the heavens to paint us this great wonder!!! the lights and shadows and shades all seem to say of the masters hand, ´he´s real´. I have spoken to and taught a number of people in Bolivia... and each time i gaze at this horizon, i wonder at the blindness of many. I stand with the great Prophet who said, ´what greater sign have thee than this?´ I see God in all things. This world testifies of Him in every great turn it gives in the universe. And I stand, small in comparison, to testify of Him as the mountains do: HE´S REAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment